Now, customers can see their credit score online using their Aadhaar, PAN, or passport. And we’ll explain the detailed procedure of credit score check by Aadhaar card!
Your credit score provides an idea of your financial situation that financial institutions check when you apply for a loan. It is determined using the data you submit on credit applications, the payment history on your credit reports, and your prior handling of finances. Your creditworthiness and borrowing decisions will be better as your score increases.
The most recent credit score and information in the user’s credit report should be known with a credit score check by Aadhaar card. By doing so, consumers can better understand their credit situation and qualify for better loans. In India, there are four credit bureaus: CRIF Highmark, Equifax, Experian, and CIBIL™. Every year, a person is entitled to one free credit report from each of these bureaus.
How does one use their Aadhaar card to get their credit report?
Your credit report can be accessed online in a fairly straightforward manner. You just need to enter your simple information on the credit bureau’s website. Your credit report will be delivered to you following verification. Get familiar with CIBIL score criteria.
OneScore’s step-by-step guide will help you in getting your credit report without much hassle.
- Visit the website of one of the credit reporting agencies, such as CIBIL™, Equifax, Experian, or CRIF Highmark.
- Click on the ‘Get Your Credit Score’ or a similar option.
- The websites will ask you to select a payment method before you get your credit score. You can decide on whichever appeals to you.
- Then, you will need to enter the right information on the website page to get your credit score. Your full name (as it appears on your PAN card), email address, mobile number, and any “Identity Document” number are the fundamental facts all four credit bureaus often require.
- Your PAN, driver’s license, passport, voter ID, Aadhaar card, or ration card number are all acceptable ID document numbers. Keep in mind that your name should be on these identification documents.
- The credit agency checks the information and generates your credit report once you enter it.
- The report will be delivered to the email account you have on file.
Other Free Online Ways to Check Your Credit Score!
Most institutions and companies that offer financial services now provide their customers with free credit scores. They can get your credit record through them because of their affiliation with one of the credit bureaus. Getting your credit report from these websites is essentially the same procedure. Provide your phone number, email address, and PAN number to get your credit score.
OneScore has been in the credit management business for many years and provides its consumers with a variety of credit-building services. You may easily obtain your credit report from the website and an in-depth analysis of your credit report.
part from checking your credit score through the integration of CIBIL score with an Aadhaar card, there are several other free online ways to access your credit score. These options may vary based on your country of residence, but some common methods include:
- Credit Bureau Websites: Many credit bureaus offer free credit score checking services directly through their websites. In the United States, for example, you can obtain your credit score from Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion by visiting their respective websites. In India, besides CIBIL, you can also check your credit score through Experian and Equifax.
- Credit Monitoring Apps: Several apps provide free credit score monitoring and updates. These apps often offer additional features such as credit alerts, identity theft protection, and personalized financial recommendations.
- Personal Finance Websites: Some personal finance websites offer free credit score services to attract users. Make sure to use reputable and trustworthy websites to access your credit score.
- Online Banking Platforms: Some banks and financial institutions provide credit score checking services to their customers as part of their online banking offerings.
- Fintech Platforms: There are various fintech startups that offer free credit score services, often as part of their broader financial management tools.
- Credit Card Companies: Some credit card issuers provide their customers with free access to their credit scores as a value-added service.
- Government Initiatives: In some countries, governments may offer free credit reports or credit scores to citizens through official portals or initiatives.
What Role Does Your Credit Score Play?
Your credit score is a three-digit figure that ranges between a score of 300 to 900. Your creditworthiness is reflected in it. Lenders look at this score to determine whether to approve your loan. Financial institutions use your credit score to calculate your credit limit. They also use your credit score to calculate the interest rates of loans and credit cards. Your chances of obtaining a good loan increase with your credit score.
Overdrafts, credit cards, home loans, installment loans of any kind, Buy Now Pay Later, and personal loans are all reported to credit bureaus and affect your credit score. All four credit bureaus use a different formula for calculating your credit score, which is why you should get your credit report and review it.
How Can I Raise My Credit Score?
A credit score of 700 or above is preferred for the best loans. Do not worry, even if your credit score is less than 600. You may increase your credit score legitimately. Increasing your credit may take some time, but it is definitely possible.
- Your credit score increases, and your reputation improves when you make payments on time. Your payment history plays a huge role in calculating your credit score. It keeps checks on how swiftly you pay your bills and EMIs. A credit report with a history of late payments is not good.
- Experts advise keeping credit card debt to no more than 30% of total debt. This makes it easier for you to meet your monthly obligations and prevents missed or late payments.
- Making numerous credit requests in a short period of time will eventually lower your credit score. In order to prevent a number of severe credit inquiries, borrowers should perform complete research on the loan they wish to take out, taking advantage of the amount of information available online.
- Regularly check your credit score. You should try to correct the error on your credit report and double-check it. The inaccuracy will stay on your report and also lower your credit score.
You can get help to improve your credit through OneScore, a reputable agency. With personalized insights on CIBIL score criteria, you can improve your credit score without much hassle.
In conclusion, the integration of CIBIL score checking with an Aadhaar card has proven to be a significant step towards enhancing the efficiency and accessibility of credit evaluation processes. This innovation has brought about several advantages for both lenders and borrowers alike.
Firstly, the amalgamation of CIBIL score with Aadhaar has streamlined the verification and authentication procedures, significantly reducing the time and effort required to assess an individual’s creditworthiness. By leveraging the vast database of Aadhaar, financial institutions can swiftly and accurately verify the identity of borrowers, ensuring a secure and reliable credit evaluation process.